FB TW

Doctors discover small light bulb inside a child after coughing fit

View
Doctors at Wadia Children's Hospital in Mumbia, India discovered a small LED light bulb from a little girl who was suffering from fever and coughing.

Doctors at Wadia Children's Hospital in Mumbia, India discovered a small LED light bulb from a little girl who was suffering from fever and coughing.  ( © Goal Post Media / SWNS.com)

A little girl from India swallowed a tiny light bulb and survived. Her father, Naushad Khan, took his daughter Ariba to the hospital because she had a fever and couldn’t stop coughing. 

According to a report from news service SWNS, the girl's father thought she might have swallowed a thread while playing with a toy mobile phone.

Naushad and his daughter Ariba Khan. See SWNS story SWBULB; Doctors investigating a baby's persistent cough were astonished to discover a LIGHTBULB in her lung. Little Ariba Khan is thought to have swallowed the tiny LED light while playing with a toy mobile phone. Her worried dad Naushad took her to hospital when she started suffering from persistent coughing and a fever, and she was booked in for an x-ray. It revealed a little bulb was trapped in her right bronchus - the tube going to the lung - which was pulled out using forceps.

Little Ariba Khan was given antibiotics and steroids to clear an infection before a small light bulb was removed from her lung.  ( © Goal Post Media / SWNS.com)

But X-rays revealed an LED bulb was stuck in her right bronchus — the tube going to the lung. 

She was first given antibiotics and steroids to clear an infection caused by the bulb before it was removed.

Divya Prabhat, head of the ENT department at Wadia Children's Hospital and the doctor who performed the procedure, said "Within two minutes this foreign body was removed using forceps.”

The LED inhaled by little Ariba Khan. See SWNS story SWBULB; Doctors investigating a baby's persistent cough were astonished to discover a LIGHTBULB in her lung. Little Ariba Khan is thought to have swallowed the tiny LED light while playing with a toy mobile phone. Her worried dad Naushad took her to hospital when she started suffering from persistent coughing and a fever, and she was booked in for an x-ray. It revealed a little bulb was trapped in her right bronchus - the tube going to the lung - which was pulled out using forceps.

Dr. Divya Prabhat, head of the ENT department at Wadia Hospital in Mumbia said, "To our surpise this happened to be a 2 cm LED bulb, which I have not seen before, despite performing thousands of bronchoscopies."  ( © Goal Post Media / SWNS.com)

"To our surprise this happened to be a 2-centimeter LED bulb, which I have not seen before, despite performing thousands of bronchoscopies."

PHOTO NEWS
VIDEO NEWS
HOT RECOMMEND

SuvaOnline.Com All Right Reserve Copyright