The headboy of Queen Victoria School (QVS) Aisake Matererega yesterday thanked his parents whose teachings, he said, had shaped his leadership role in school.
Aisake was awarded the Baton of Honour during the school’s passing out parade yesterday.
He said he was not expecting to receive the most prestigious cadet prize.
“I was really shocked when my name was announced as I know all cadets were gunning for the top prize,” Aisake said.
He also thanked the teachers and the instructors for the faith they had in him in choosing him to be the recipient of the Baton of Honour.
Aisake is a commerce student and hopes to study accounting at the University of the South Pacific.
His second option, he said, was to join the Republic of Fiji Military Forces (RFMF).
- Baton of honour – Aisake Matererega
- Best Company in Drill – Bau House
- Best Company in Barracks – Tovata House
- Best Overall Company – Tovata House
- Best All Rounder – Josua Ulunisau of Bau House.